1. Is coaching allowed for juniors?
Adults that may be coaching a team must contact the director prior to the event and agree to the following guidelines:
- Coaches are only allowed to speak to their team and may not advocate for their players in disputes. Players must represent themselves.
- Coaching cannot delay play. Coaches can only have contact with their players during a timeout or in between sets.
- Coaches must stay on their team’s side of the net at all times and behind where the ten-foot line would be.
- No person shall make comments to an opposite team that could be interpreted as distractive or demeaning.
2. How can I contact someone the week of the event?
Emails sent through this site are monitored until the Wednesday of the event. After that you can only make contact at the tournament or via email after event.
3. I didn’t get a response to an email question?
Every effort has been made to provide all the information you need on this site. If you email a question that is answered somewhere on this site you will not receive a reply. Please make sure you review all the different sections before sending your question. If your question is not answered somewhere on this site, and the Registrar can answer the question, you will get a reply. If the Registrar has to forward your question on to the Promoter or Director you should expect a reply from those individuals.
4. What rules and/or formats are used at the King of the Mountain?
All divisions: FIVB rules apply. Open sand divisions play double elimination; match play; rally scoring (21/21/15); other sand divisions play match play in winners and 1 to 25 in losers. All grass divisions are pool play. Co-ed divisions break the top teams into a single-elimination bracket on Friday. All Co-ed divisions will finish on Friday. Junior divisions are pool play on Saturday with top teams moving into single-elim playoff finishing the same day. All other adult grass divisions are pool play on Saturday with the top two teams moving into a double-elimination match-play Championship bracket on Sunday and remaining teams moving into a single-elimination match-play Festival bracket. Tournament Director may adjust this format at any time depending upon weather or other situations that my delay play.
5. Can a co-ed team play in a Men’s division?
No. Co-ed teams are not allowed to play in a men’s division.
6. If my partner is injured can I pick up a substitute?
There are no substitutions in doubles. You must finish the tournament with the partner you started with or drop out of the event. If you have used your timeouts you can select to play as an individual until your partner recovers if that is a possiblity.
7. What ball will be played at the King of the Mountain?
TBD -There is no official ball sponsor at this time.
8. I signed up online but the division closed?
The registrar will send an email to you offering a different division. Your card will not be charged and you will not be entered into the event until you reply to the Registrar with your decision.
9. Can I check if my team made it in?
Go to the confirmation page. This page is updated routinely. A final confirmation page will be posted after the entry deadline one week before the event. No updates will posted after the final notice is available. You can email the Registrar with any corrections, however, the Registrar will not respond to any requests regarding entries received.
10. What if my team has to cancel?
Occasionally teams or players have to cancel. The registrar will intercept payment and destroy the check if cancellation is received before payment is processed. Credit card entries are processed the same day so there are never refunds or credits offered for online entries. After the payment has been processed, the player or team will receive credit towards a future entry. NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED, for any reason.
11. What if a division closes before my entry is received?
The team will be moved up or down into the closest available division depending on space. A team may be moved up or down more than one division if space is not available in an adjacent division. Teams may select to cancel their entry.
12. How can I enter before a division closes?
The King of the Mountain does offer credit card processing of entries. This may allow a team to enter quickly if they realize their division is close to being closed.
13. How many teams are accepted in each division?
Typically, there are only sand and co-ed divisions have limits:
The Tournament Director may occasionally limit other divisions as necessary. These will be posted on the website as soon as possible.
14. Can I contact the Tournament Director?<
Tournament Director and Registrar: John Teska (Denver, Colorado) Contact